19 June 2011

Green Lantern


Since its summer, lots of Hollywood blockbuster movies lining up to be release in the cinema (there's go my allowances). This is going to be my second movie review this year.

SPOILER ALERT

Green Lantern is another movie adaptation based on a superhero comic from DC Comics (Superman, Batman & etc). The movie starts of with an introduction of Green Lantern Corps and how Abin Sur managed to imprisoned Parallax at a planet without life form. Unfortunately, three aliens were stranded in that planet causing the Parallax to be released. Rest of the plots can be read here.

Although Batman did a really great job in Dark Knight, this movie failed to impress me just like other DC Comics adaption especially Superman. If you're looking for action pack movie, please forget it. Not much action you can get from this movie. The villains were easily been defeated, no adrenaline pumping scene and the story sucks. All I can say is the CG effect save this movie from rotten tomatoes. I'm giving 2.5 from 5 STARS. My advice for those who haven't watch it yet, save up your money for Transformers 3 and Harry Potter. I bet those movies are worth more to watch.


P/s: I've been fooled by this trailer.

No comments: